This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUM 4.1 don't update automatic

Hi,

My sum don't "see" the available updates and now i try to upload one trough the web interface but it looks like that's not working also.
can i upload the update with ssh in i folder on the system?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,
    you possibly have a utm configuration error. Download it to your PC/MAC/LINUX desktop then upload it using the up2date menu within the SUM.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi,
    I try'd to upload it in The webinterface but that's also not succesfull.

Sent from my iPhone using Astaro.org
  • Hey Pieter,

are you talking about the pattern or the firmware up2date? And also do you want to update your SUM or your UTM(s)? What version does your SUM has? Which version are you trying to upload? Do you get any messages or other response from the webinterface?

Regards,
    Sebastian
  • I try to install firmware updates on my SUM.
    on the ftp-server i saw multiple new versions.
    The currend version is: 4.101-8.
    i try multiple updates, u2d-sys-4.103009-104010, u2d-sys-4.104010-105003
    When i choose the update file and klick start update nothing happend after that.
    i also wait a long time, but still nothing.
  • Hey Pieter,

there is no official up2date support before SUM 4.2. If you want to update your SUM 4.101-8 you have to create and download a backup, then download the ISO of the wanted version and install it. After the successful installation you should upload and restore your backup.

Since SUM 4.2 you have an automatic up2date process via our up2date channel.

Regards,
    Sebastian

FYI: The up2date name scheme is u2d-sys-$source_version-$destination_version: i.e. u2d-sys-4.104010-105003 updates SUM 4.104-10 to SUM 4.105-3. There is no official up2date package for your source version SUM 4.101-8 therefore the up2dates are failing.
  • Hey Pieter,

there is no official up2date support before SUM 4.2. If you want to update your SUM 4.101-8 you have to create and download a backup, then download the ISO of the wanted version and install it. After the successful installation you should upload and restore your backup.

Since SUM 4.2 you have an automatic up2date process via our up2date channel.

Regards,
    Sebastian

FYI: The up2date name scheme is u2d-sys-$source_version-$destination_version: i.e. u2d-sys-4.104010-105003 updates SUM 4.104-10 to SUM 4.105-3. There is no official up2date package for your source version SUM 4.101-8 therefore the up2dates are failing.

What is the process for finding out about up2date releases for SUM?  They do not appear to be announced on the blog.
  • You should by default automatically get the newest up2date information shown directly in the up2date section of the SUM WebAdmin. Normally there should also be a blog post but it seems we forgot that. Sorry. There will be an blog entry next time.
  • Thanks.  But the problem is that you would only see the update available if you log into SUM, and that is not very robust.  We were impacted by bug 32536 which took 21 firewalls offline - kind of a big deal, but no notification that we should update to avoid it.  SUM is not something that we have had a need to log into often, much less check for updates manually.  I guess that my expectations are different, but we will have to accommodate for that.
  • Thanks.  But the problem is that you would only see the update available if you log into SUM, and that is not very robust.  We were impacted by bug 32536 which took 21 firewalls offline - kind of a big deal, but no notification that we should update to avoid it.  SUM is not something that we have had a need to log into often, much less check for updates manually.  I guess that my expectations are different, but we will have to accommodate for that.

We had the same issue, with several MSP customers offline, this is luckily now fixed :-)

If you set up notifications on your SUM you will get notified by email when and up2date package is available. :-)

-----

Best regards
    Martin

Sophos XGS 2100 @ Home | Sophos v20 Technician

• We had the same issue, with several MSP customers offline, this is luckily now fixed :-)

If you set up notifications on your SUM you will get notified by email when and up2date package is available. :-)

That's interesting - we get notifications for UTM up2date package updates, but not SUM.  I guess I will have to dig deeper because we do have notifications enabled.  Thanks for your input!  (and sorry you were affected too)