This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUM 4.1 don't update automatic

Hi,

My sum don't "see" the available updates and now i try to upload one trough the web interface but it looks like that's not working also.
can i upload the update with ssh in i folder on the system?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • You should by default automatically get the newest up2date information shown directly in the up2date section of the SUM WebAdmin. Normally there should also be a blog post but it seems we forgot that. Sorry. There will be an blog entry next time.
  • Thanks.  But the problem is that you would only see the update available if you log into SUM, and that is not very robust.  We were impacted by bug 32536 which took 21 firewalls offline - kind of a big deal, but no notification that we should update to avoid it.  SUM is not something that we have had a need to log into often, much less check for updates manually.  I guess that my expectations are different, but we will have to accommodate for that.
  • Thanks.  But the problem is that you would only see the update available if you log into SUM, and that is not very robust.  We were impacted by bug 32536 which took 21 firewalls offline - kind of a big deal, but no notification that we should update to avoid it.  SUM is not something that we have had a need to log into often, much less check for updates manually.  I guess that my expectations are different, but we will have to accommodate for that.

We had the same issue, with several MSP customers offline, this is luckily now fixed :-)

If you set up notifications on your SUM you will get notified by email when and up2date package is available. :-)

-----

Best regards
    Martin

Sophos XGS 2100 @ Home | Sophos v20 Technician

• We had the same issue, with several MSP customers offline, this is luckily now fixed :-)

If you set up notifications on your SUM you will get notified by email when and up2date package is available. :-)

That's interesting - we get notifications for UTM up2date package updates, but not SUM.  I guess I will have to dig deeper because we do have notifications enabled.  Thanks for your input!  (and sorry you were affected too)
  • We had the same issue, with several MSP customers offline, this is luckily now fixed :-)

That's interesting - we get notifications for UTM up2date package updates, but not SUM.  I guess I will have to dig deeper because we do have notifications enabled.  Thanks for your input!  (and sorry you were affected too)
Children
  • That's interesting - we get notifications for UTM up2date package updates, but not SUM.  I guess I will have to dig deeper because we do have notifications enabled.  Thanks for your input!  (and sorry you were affected too)

I'm running at 4.202-9, maybe if you try to upgrade it? - You have to backup current configuration and install from ISO and import configuration again :-)

-----

Best regards
    Martin

Sophos XGS 2100 @ Home | Sophos v20 Technician