This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Organizational Units

We're currently managing 13 UTMs through our SUM portal and we utilize Organizational Units so we can separate policies and rules. Our setup is as follows:

Global
|
-- Client Group A
|
-- Client Group B

(We have 8 UTMs in Group A, 3 UTMs in Group B and 2 in the Global Unit)

If we apply a setting to Group A, it downloads to the 8 UTMs in that group - so this works as expected. If we apply a setting to the Global Unit, it only applies to the 2 UTMs in that unit (not all 13) - so that is not working as expected. 

Any ideas?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi CWanamaker,

in fact everything works as expected. I just depends on your perception [:)]

The OU feature in SUM is designed that every UTM can only be in one OU. And the Global Unit is a placeholder for every UTM which isn't yet assigned to another OU.

Hope this helps. Regards,
    Sebastian
  • Thanks for the reply! I guess I figured that a "Global" OU would be that (more of a parent and child type setup).

What is the best way for us to apply a set of policies that would apply to all UTMs, even though they may be in different OUs? Basically, we're trying to separate Web Filtering rules for different types of clients
  • Thanks for the reply! I guess I figured that a "Global" OU would be that (more of a parent and child type setup).

What is the best way for us to apply a set of policies that would apply to all UTMs, even though they may be in different OUs? Basically, we're trying to separate Web Filtering rules for different types of clients
Children
No Data