This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Organizational Units

We're currently managing 13 UTMs through our SUM portal and we utilize Organizational Units so we can separate policies and rules. Our setup is as follows:

Global
|
-- Client Group A
|
-- Client Group B

(We have 8 UTMs in Group A, 3 UTMs in Group B and 2 in the Global Unit)

If we apply a setting to Group A, it downloads to the 8 UTMs in that group - so this works as expected. If we apply a setting to the Global Unit, it only applies to the 2 UTMs in that unit (not all 13) - so that is not working as expected. 

Any ideas?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi CWanamaker,

in fact everything works as expected. I just depends on your perception [:)]

The OU feature in SUM is designed that every UTM can only be in one OU. And the Global Unit is a placeholder for every UTM which isn't yet assigned to another OU.

Hope this helps. Regards,
    Sebastian
  • Hi CWanamaker,

in fact everything works as expected. I just depends on your perception [:)]

The OU feature in SUM is designed that every UTM can only be in one OU. And the Global Unit is a placeholder for every UTM which isn't yet assigned to another OU.

Hope this helps. Regards,
    Sebastian
Children
  • Thanks for the reply! I guess I figured that a "Global" OU would be that (more of a parent and child type setup).

What is the best way for us to apply a set of policies that would apply to all UTMs, even though they may be in different OUs? Basically, we're trying to separate Web Filtering rules for different types of clients