This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DMZ for Playstation?

My dad is experimenting with UTM right now, and we're having lots of difficulties with video games.  I'm having to look up what ports need to be opened for every single game I want to play, and it seems like there are always more ports that I've missed.  And honestly, even with all of the ports allegedly opened on a particular game, I still feel like there are issues with latency and misfunctioning of different online elements.

This is just way too much of a hassle.  Is there a way for me to put my Playstation in a DMZ?  I need step by step instructions.

Thank you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks for the responses.  We aren't really clear on how to accomplish allowing all outbound traffic.  What does the rule look like?  And how do we know if we're using the transparent HTTP proxy and add the Playstation to the skiplist?
  • Thanks for the responses.  We aren't really clear on how to accomplish allowing all outbound traffic.  What does the rule look like?  And how do we know if we're using the transparent HTTP proxy and add the Playstation to the skiplist?

You need a networkdevice-definition for your playstation.  The next step is to define a rule device any service to any target.
    But it seems that you should read the manuals first to learn the basics of sophos utm.
    Ralf

You need a networkdevice-definition for your playstation.  The next step is to define a rule device any service to any target.
    But it seems that you should read the manuals first to learn the basics of sophos utm.
    Ralf
Children
No Data