This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SUM 4.2 free license

Maybe a dummy question, but I've spent a lot of time finding this on my own before posting here.
Where can I obtain that famous free license ?...[:)]

What I've tried already:

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, go to the thread at the top of this forum. The thread is poorly labelled, it really should say SUM licence and leave of the other bits.

Ian

The ACC v2 it refers to is the licence type (version) that will work with the current SUM v4.x releases.

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I've already read it before opening this new thread, but didn't find any useful information (except https://secure2.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-utm-manager/download.aspx?, which I've tried but it doesn't work).
  • I signed up via https://secure2.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-utm-manager/download.aspx and received an email with the license attached.  The ACC license also appears when I view licenses in MyUTM.

Your email address has previously been registered in our database. You can log in to MyUTM at any time at https://myutm.sophos.com. If you have forgotten your password, you can request a new one here as well.

Subject: Sophos UTM Manager Edition
  • Tried again, this time with my Gmail address, fake name and origin country...no response again.

It seems that new registrations are denied.
  • This has been a useful thread, I found the e-mail address associated with my SUM licence.
    Please check your junk and spam folders. Check the UTM mail manager ot see if it is stuck waiting your attention.

Ian

Login into my.astaro.com with all the user names you have used and see what is displayed. You might find you have  a couple of licences?

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Nothing in MyUTM portal, I don't use UTM for my inbound mails, it is hosted externally, no mails in Junk or Spam folders...all blank.
  • Thanks for helping, but it looks like this is a kind of a problem that cannot be solved on the forum, so I will escalate this up to my Sophos partner company support.

It is not an emergency situation. I was evaluating SUM for training purposes and when trial license expired after 30 days I found that I cannot login anymore without licence file (?), and concluded that SUM is not really free (as it is said to be). If it was free, why is there need for license registration (which BTW doesn't work) ?

Will keep you informed about the progress here.
  • I also got an E-Mail with a License within 2 Minutes.
  • It worked when I put United States as origin country. It looks that not all countries are eglible for free licence.

I recall the same behavior when I asked evaluation for Sophos Mobile Control product few months ago, and never got any response.