This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Link Aggregation

Hi,

I need to create a Link Aggregation on the Sophos UTM Manager as the SUM installed on a IBM BladeCenter and we want to make sure, that if one of the internal switches or uplinks break down, we still can reach the SUM on the LAG. At the moment I can configure 2 interfaces with different IP addresses, but that will not help, because 1 of the 2 links is always down.

Is there a way to create Link Aggregation on the SUM itself, even if the menu is missing in the gui?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi and welcome to the BB,
    I would have to question why would you need to access the SUM unless you are managing many UTMs?

I only have one link on my SUM, so I can't check the settings. How often do your switches fail?
    Also, if one link is down and the other fails the first link will come alive.

Another alternative is to create a lag over 2 switches into blade which I assume is running some sort of vm?

Try using a 3G USB device as an alternate interface.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi Ian,

thanks for the quick answer. On a UTM I can see the tab, but on the interface settings on the SUM itselft is this not visible.

Thanks
    Thomas
  • Hi Thomas,
    I re-read your original post to see if my answer was relevant and decided it wasn't and changed it. In the meantime you read and responded to my previous answer while I was editing it.

Ian.

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

• Hi Thomas,
    another suggestion, build a secondary SUM on the alternate switch.

Ian

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

• Hi Ian,

thanks for the suggenstions. I will see what is possible. Maybe I give it on the second interface a different IP and out the 2nd IP as configure in the UTMs as a 2nd SUM the second IP.

Thanks

Thomas
  • Hi Ian,

thanks for the suggenstions. I will see what is possible. Maybe I give it on the second interface a different IP and out the 2nd IP as configure in the UTMs as a 2nd SUM the second IP.

Thanks

Thomas
Children
No Data