This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Use SUM as Log Server/Archive

Hi Forum,

my first post in this Forum [:)]

I just searched for a way to use the SUM appliance as a log server and/or log archive.
Main goal is to have a backup of all logs from all machines and also to save space on the local disks of them. It also would reduce load on the productive server, if I could us the search function on the SUM server in the e.g. web filter logs of a webproxy.

But I didn't find a way to achieve this (neither in this forum nor in the documentation) and my question is now:
Did I miss something or is this not possible?

Thanks in advance,
the Bender

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello "the Bender",

there is no possibility on SUM side to receive and store all your UTM syslog data yet. But I think it is a great idea. Could you please submit it at feature.astaro.com? If it is upvoted high enough then it will eventually be implemented. 

The only possibility today is the "Remote Syslog Server" settings on UTM side.
    Therefore you have to set up a remote syslog server. Then you have to enable the "Remote Logging" in "Logging & Reporting > Log Settings > Remote Syslog Server" on every UTM and add your remote syslog server host definition there. The host definition you can deploy with the SUM. 

Best Regards,
    Sebastian
  • Hello "the Bender",

there is no possibility on SUM side to receive and store all your UTM syslog data yet. But I think it is a great idea. Could you please submit it at feature.astaro.com? If it is upvoted high enough then it will eventually be implemented. 

The only possibility today is the "Remote Syslog Server" settings on UTM side.
    Therefore you have to set up a remote syslog server. Then you have to enable the "Remote Logging" in "Logging & Reporting > Log Settings > Remote Syslog Server" on every UTM and add your remote syslog server host definition there. The host definition you can deploy with the SUM. 

Best Regards,
    Sebastian
Children
No Data