This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ACC / SUM down, and then?

Dear Community,

a few weeks ago I started administrating Sophos UTM´s, also with central management via SUM/ACC.

Now I want to know, what happens, when the central management is not available (e.g. server crashes) and I urgently need to make changes to the configuration of the managed UTM.

I´m not able to change or delete policy´s, pushed by the gateway manager. So what can I do in this case?

Best Regards
Sebastian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Dear Community,

a few weeks ago I started administrating Sophos UTM´s, also with central management via SUM/ACC.

Now I want to know, what happens, when the central management is not available (e.g. server crashes) and I urgently need to make changes to the configuration of the managed UTM.

I´m not able to change or delete policy´s, pushed by the gateway manager. So what can I do in this case?

Best Regards
    Sebastian

I hope you have the a sum backup in place, which allows you to setup your sum within 10minutes.

Otherwise you can take the UTM out of SUM managent and choose to convert SUM managed objects into local ones...

Sorry for short answers and typos. was written on mobile using astaro.org app.
  • Hi,

no problem, im happy to get an answer [;)]

Of course, Backup would be available... This question is rather the worst case question, if there´s no hardware available to reinstall SUM.

Where can i find that information how to take the utm out of management and convert the objects to local ones? Is this described in the documentation? I already tried to switch off the Central management in the utm, but also after that there was no possibility  to change the rules. I only found the button "cleanup objects", that probably deletes all rules from SUM.

Best Regards
    Sebastian
  • Sebastian; if you check the online help and the manual, it explains that cleanup objects only releases the SUM-created/managed objects so you can use them outside of SUM.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.