This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[4.104-10][QUESTION]Licencing function in SUM

While poking around some more in SUM I found there is a licence manager function.
I know I can try this out to see what happens, but is this feature available to home user licences eg can home user licences be renewed automatically under this management function?

Ian

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,
    I assume that you refer to the MSP(managed services provider) feature in SUM.

The short answer is:
    No its not possible to renew a home license by using SUM's msp feature.

The longer answer is:
    The msp feature was created for people who own some UTMs, have some customers and want
    to sell the service of configuring these UTMs to their customers (security as a service).
    When MSP is activated on a UTM a special MSP license is installed on the UTM and the one who
    offers security as a service to his customers gets a monthly bill depending on which license
    subscriptions were activated and how long. As a special MSP license is installed its not possible
    to renew other regular licenses by using the MSP feature.

Regards
    Peter
  • Hi Peter,
    thank you for the prompt response. I thought I would ask, no harm in trying.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Reply Children
No Data