This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Software-ASG on Hyper-V2012R2 - some general questions

Hi there!

During the last year we installed a lot of hardware-utms  for several clients.
And we loved it!
Now we have to plan a project, where we rent server-capacity in a datacenter to sell it to our custumers.
We plan to let about 500 clients work against one Software-ASG/UTM.
We can't use any hardware-solution, because we aren't allowd to place any own hardware into the datacenter.
We will start with 100 clients in March2014.
Will it be possible to solve this with a software-UTM running on Hyper-V2012R2? (I've read about actual stability problems in this forum, but officially Hyper-V2012 is supported. And we will start in a few month, not now..)
Next question:
What about VLANS?: Am I able to create +/-50 VLANs (virtual Networkadapter in the Hyper-V-VM? (yes, this is a Hyper-V question, but maybe here is anyone with experience ;-)) and:
Am I able to use that 50NICs in one Software-UTM?
Are there any experienced persons;-) in relation to active-active or active-passive-cluster in such a enviroment?

Thanks für every hint and advice!!!

Kind regards… Jochen

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi there!

Will it be possible to solve this with a software-UTM running on Hyper-V2012R2? (I've read about actual stability problems in this forum, but officially Hyper-V2012 is supported. And we will start in a few month, not now..)
    … Jochen

Hi, No idea about HyperV.
    We are running a couple of UTM on XEN. No issues on stability. Performance simply depends on the hypervisor. HA does work as expected.

However, compared with hardware you might keep in mind:
    - no real serial console 
    - different lisence schema
    - how to install and do first time wizard without physical access
    Regards,
    ciscoman
  • Hi there!

… Jochen

Hi, No idea about HyperV.
    We are running a couple of UTM on XEN. No issues on stability. Performance simply depends on the hypervisor. HA does work as expected.

However, compared with hardware you might keep in mind:
    - no real serial console 
    - different lisence schema
    - how to install and do first time wizard without physical access
    Regards,
    ciscoman
Children
No Data