This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bulk deployment of definitions / rules

Hi, 
I'm running SUM 4.102...

I'm trying to copy most of the definitions off of an old firewall config, and deploy them to a new 9.105 build.

So far, I've gotten the old definitions & rules Imported into SUM OK, and I have the new build connected to SUM.

1. I see a 'deploy' button next to each definition, but I do NOT see any way to BULK Deploy definitions.
I already filtered out the ones I didn't want during the import, so I want to deploy EVERYTHING.

2. I don't see ANY deploy button in the Firewall Rules section of SUM.
Am I supposed to use the RuleSETs? Even there, I don't see a way to BULK copy rules to a ruleset. I can only drag one at a time; shift-click and ctrl-click aren't working for multiple select & drag.

I'm using Firefox 23.0.1, fwiw.

Restoring from a backup file is not a good option; I tried that already and had a lot of problems when I tried to delete extra NATs and interfaces, etc., so I would prefer to start with a clean install and just deploy definitions and rules.

Thanks,
Barry

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello BarryG
    to deploy more than one definition at once you can use the 'Deploy to gateway(s)' action from the actions menu (to do that click on the icon right of the text 'Action').

Firewall rules can only be deployed in SUM by deploying a ruleset, therefore there is no deploy option available on the firewall rules page.

You can only have one active ruleset on a UTM, therefore there doesn't exist a bulk ruleset deploy action.

Its possible to select more than 1 definition in the left sidebar objects container and drag them into the objects container. To do so press Crtl, select the definitions by clicking on the definitions in the sidebar, drag the selected objects into the conainer and then release 'Ctrl'

Regards
    Peter