This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Site-to-site VPN with NAT

I am trying to use the UTM Manager to link 2 UTM devices in different AWS VPCs. As this is AWS, both the devices are sitting behind NAT gateways. UTM Manager doesn't seem to be recognizing this and is creating the IPsec tunnel with the private IPs as the endpoints. Each tunnel should be configured with the remote UTM device's public IP instead of it's private IP.

Is this a deficiency with UTM Manager, or is there some way to get this working?
I can get it working without using UTM Manager by configuring each UTM device manually, and I have done this. But I'm going to be connecting many different VPCs and managing the links with UTM Manager would be much preferred.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • We ran into the same problem when using SUM 4 trying to setup site to site VPNs between VPC regions. SUM will only see the internal AWS IPs and therefore will not bring the tunnels up. You have to set up DNATs for those internal addresses to match their EIP.