This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2 issues; Map + Licenses

First,, is it possible to get the ACC to NOT use Geo-IP ?
It simply moves our ASG's around in a way that is NOT how they are setup.

We got 8 sites with ASG220's in HA setup.
Of these, I think that it's 3 boxes that are simply misplaced by the ACC/GeoIP after a while. Even though I manually set the lat/long and city,etc, after a while, the boxes are somewhere else......NOT a big issue of course, just unnecessary ....

Second thing which looks strange,
All licenses updated to new model,
All sites have websubscription and network security,
but, in my ACC 4 boxes shows only HA as info under license options,
the rest shows IPS, HA and SMP, This to probably hasnt any real life effect, but I'd really like this to "look right"....

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

thanks for using ACC.

Regarding your questions: 

GeoIP

The behavior you describe sounds like a bug. The device location should not change automatically anymore after you manually adjusted the relevant data. We need to investigate this.

License Options

Basically, the license options (e.g. HA, IPS, ...) are not (so) important anymore, most of them are deprecated. These options do not have any effect on error level calculation,

As long as your subscriptions are properly displayed and checked against expiration, you are safe.

I understand that you want things to look right. We recommend asking official Astaro Support to modify the licenses in question accordingly (e.g. add or remove the missing options).

Thanks and regards,
    Henning
  • Thanks for the feedback,, well, the error in licensedisplay is ONLY at the ACC,
    loggin into each ASG and all is display correctly there,

As we both stated, these are not in any way important issues, but just "bugs" me not having things looking right.....
  • Hi Guys,

last week i set the locations of all my customers ASG/UTM/SG in detail. Now they are again placed primarily around DE-CIX. How can i turn off this?

Kind regards,

Chris
  • Hey Chris,

First: please don't reuse existing threads. To answer your question: We are aware of this feature request but currently have no plans to include this in the SUM4.3. See also this Thread/Post: https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/61/t/57075

Regards,
    Sebastian