This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[1.400] Error 30500 on confirming devices with legacy ACC

When I attempt to "confirm" a newly appeared ASG, I get an error 30500... and the CommandServer dies... waiting a while for it to restart fixes it. Also, noticed that the unit shows up as confirmed before and after I hit the button.  Does the Confirm button have no function?  Version is 1.400 -- I don't recall the 30500 error occuring before in previous versions.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • As soon as I click  (which the Fw 7.004, and ACC is 1.4,  already shows as confirmed) I get a red banner with the "error 30500"
  • Raburman, you didn't get that error in previous versions (if you ran any older versions), did you?

Oh, and for the Astaro guys that monitor this forum; It happens with 6.305 and 7.004 ASG units on my install (if that helps).

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Hi,

we've reproduced the issue and confirm this as a bug. We will address this issue in a future Up2Date.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • Just curious, has the Confirm button ever had a function?  I seem to recall that even before 1.400 that the units, when added from the ASG Webadmin, showed up as confirmed without hitting the button (I may be wrong).

Sophos Platinum Partner

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Hi,

in the Beta ages of ACC V1, devices were not automatically confirmed after having joined an ACC server. So, they showed up in the registration page, but Monitoring/Inventory/Additional data was not collected. You had to manually confirm a device in order to show up in all these nifty views.

You can still "reject" a device, thereby putting it in an "unconfirmed" state where it will only be visible in the registration area.

Luckily we have the auto-confirm-functionality ...

Anyway, thanks for pointing out this issue/bug. We'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • Sorry it took me a bit to reply Bruce... been on the road.  Yeah, it happens on v6 and v7 devices.  We are running ACC on a vmware instance, and was considering starting a new fresh one and seeing if I can rereg all the devices.  I most likely will just wait until the next update.

Hey Astaro... can you provide us any window as to when the update for ACC might occur? 

Thanks

Richard
  • Henning; what would the impact be of just removing the Confirm button from the admin site?  It appears it has no function anymore...

Sophos Platinum Partner

• Hi,

the issue is surely indepedant of the type/version of the attached devices. I am sorry, but I cannot give you a window (yet) as we are currently putting together a list of issues we are going to address in the next Up2Date. Just don't hit the "confirm" button in the meantime ... sorry, not funny I know.

Removing the button is not really an option. It definitely has a function as I've stated in my previous post:

You can still "reject" a device, thereby putting it in an "unconfirmed" state where it will only be visible in the registration area.

Hence, you need the "confirm" button to reverse the effect of "reject". We could of course remove both buttons, which basically leaves you with "blacklist" and "delete". But with a missing "confirm" button you cannot reverse the effect of a "blacklist" action either. Well, one could "delete" the device, but always "deleting" devices is bad because all data has to be regathered, admins lose their ACL on this device, etc.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • Then how do you suggest we clear the bad statistics (the insane and innaccurate user count) for this device--it seems that a delete function would come in handy.

Oh, and thanks for clarifying the need for the confirm button... it was just a suggestion :-)

Sophos Platinum Partner

• Whew, I thought this thread is about the 30500 error message when hitting the confirm button. Please see my post in the other thread concerning the active IP count.