This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with issuing Pattern Up2Date command

Has any one else had a problem with issuing Pattern Up2Date command from ACC v1.301? When I do it on about 9 ASG units (all running 6.303), all the units suddenly show as offline in the Device Monitoring console.. and stay that way until I get an email from each of the ASG units saying that the ACC Agent had to be restarted.  It appears that a simple up2date crashes the device agent when triggered from ACC.  This doesn't happen when one directly logs into the WebAdmin on the unit and initiates a pattern up2date.  I did submit this to Astaro, but they told me to submit ACC issues here instead.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi,

could you please specify whether the 9 ASG Units have all the same hardware or appliance type? Does it also happen with System Prefetch and System Up2Date? Could you supply a logfile excerpt from the ASG Device Agent?

Cheers,
    Henning
  • I have a mix of ASG 110/120s, 220s, and P4-based (custom built by us) appliances.  Doesn't seem to be hardware specific.  It does happen with the System Prefetch / Up2Date as well... and it doesn't matter whether you select 2 or 9 of them, the same thing happens, the ones that are issued the command go offline, and the Device Agent daemon crashes or stops responding on the ASG units, and only shows back up in ACC as online when the selfmonitoring script / daemon on the Astaro finally restarts the Device Agent--which can take quite some time.  Noticed one thing, though.. the pattern up2dates are the ones that result in the units missing in ACC the longest, up to 30 or 40 minutes sometimes.. recovery from a system prefetch is pretty quick (I assume that's becuase I have none to apply).

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• I have a mix of ASG 110/120s, 220s, and P4-based (custom built by us) appliances.  Doesn't seem to be hardware specific.  It does happen with the System Prefetch / Up2Date as well... and it doesn't matter whether you select 2 or 9 of them, the same thing happens, the ones that are issued the command go offline, and the Device Agent daemon crashes or stops responding on the ASG units, and only shows back up in ACC as online when the selfmonitoring script / daemon on the Astaro finally restarts the Device Agent--which can take quite some time.  Noticed one thing, though.. the pattern up2dates are the ones that result in the units missing in ACC the longest, up to 30 or 40 minutes sometimes.. recovery from a system prefetch is pretty quick (I assume that's becuase I have none to apply).

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

Children
No Data