This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

One ASG not visible

Hi,

I've several ASG's on my ACC Server and 18 out of 19 work fine. When I add the 19th ASG I can see it in the Registration Overview but nowhere else. In the device-agent.log on that ASG I see entries like 

trying to fetch 'webadmin_port' from ewc/settings->global

every 30 seconds. In the agent-manager.log on the ACC Server for this ASG are entries like

CAgentSession::refresh() failed xmlrpc extraction: expected int 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello,

please state what version of ACC you are using and especially which version the respective ASG causing the error is at. Additionally it would be great if you could supply some lines before/after the error within the agent-manager.log. If you have privacy concerns and do not want to post it here or if it is too much work to obfuscate your IPs and device names you are welcome to send the logfile to Astaro Support and tell them we advised you to do so.

Thanks and regards,
    Henning
  • Hi

The ACC is on 1.301 and the ASG is on 6.303.

here is a little more information from the agent-manager.log. But the file is full of this messages.

2006:11:28-14:14:34 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSessionMonitoringMethod::getMonitoringRefresh() failed xmlrpc extraction: expected int (0) on initializing license monitoring data for 94665886-a8f1-42a2-8a73-fc19340d9243
    2006:11:28-14:14:34 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSession::refresh() failed xmlrpc extraction: expected int 
    2006:11:28-14:14:37 (none) agent-manager: CCommandSessionProxy::getDeviceAttribs() device session monitoring data not initialized (10404) on device.getSoftwareVersion 
    2006:11:28-14:14:37 (none) agent-manager: CCommandSession::receive() device session monitoring data not initialized (10404) on dispatching request 
    2006:11:28-14:14:40 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSessionMonitoringMethod::getMonitoringLicenseRefresh() failed xmlrpc extraction: expected int (0) on gathering information
    2006:11:28-14:14:40 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSessionMonitoringMethod::getMonitoringRefresh() failed xmlrpc extraction: expected int (0) on initializing license monitoring data for 94665886-a8f1-42a2-8a73-fc19340d9243
    2006:11:28-14:14:40 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSession::refresh() failed xmlrpc extraction: expected int 
    2006:11:28-14:14:47 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSessionMonitoringMethod::getMonitoringLicenseRefresh() failed xmlrpc extraction: expected int (0) on gathering information
    2006:11:28-14:14:47 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSessionMonitoringMethod::getMonitoringRefresh() failed xmlrpc extraction: expected int (0) on initializing license monitoring data for 94665886-a8f1-42a2-8a73-fc19340d9243
    2006:11:28-14:14:47 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSession::refresh() failed xmlrpc extraction: expected int 
    2006:11:28-14:14:52 (none) agent-manager: CCommandSessionProxy::getDeviceAttribs() device session monitoring data not initialized (10404) on device.getSoftwareVersion 
    2006:11:28-14:14:52 (none) agent-manager: CCommandSession::receive() device session monitoring data not initialized (10404) on dispatching request 
    2006:11:28-14:14:53 (none) agent-manager: CAgentSessionMonitoringMethod::getMonitoringLicenseRefresh() failed xmlrpc extraction: expected int (0) on gathering information

Thanks in advance,
    Henrik
  • Hello Henrik,

okay this helps isolating the cause of this behaviour. You seem to have an "exotic" license for this particular ASG device. 

What is the difference between this device and all your other devices? Is it an appliance and the others are not? Maybe you can try out to use the license of a known-working-device (only for testing purposes of course) on the non-working-device and see if it gets initialized in ACC.

To fully debug the problem, we need the license of the respective device. Please send your customer relevant details and the license to our support, I will inform them beforehand.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • Hello Henrik,

okay this helps isolating the cause of this behaviour. You seem to have an "exotic" license for this particular ASG device. 

What is the difference between this device and all your other devices? Is it an appliance and the others are not? Maybe you can try out to use the license of a known-working-device (only for testing purposes of course) on the non-working-device and see if it gets initialized in ACC.

To fully debug the problem, we need the license of the respective device. Please send your customer relevant details and the license to our support, I will inform them beforehand.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

Cheers,
    Henning
Children
  • Hello Henning,

thanks for the tip. I reviewed the license on the Licensing Tab and saw that it said "not used" under "Max. concurrent connection". 

I downloaded the license again from my.astaro.com and installed it to the 
    ASG and now everything works.

Thanks again for your support,
    Henrik