This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[1.300] Manual prefetch hangs?

I'm trying to manually update ACC from 1.300 to 1.301, but when I click on the "Manual prefetch now" button, it gets stuck. From that point on, I can't log into the webadmin interface.

If I log in through ssh I can restart the machine and then it works OK. Anyone else see this?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Well, it eventually comes back, but hasn't downloaded any updates.

Am I missing a way to manually upload updates to ACC?
  • I had the same problem first - ACC behind an ASG.
    I opened a rule ACC -> Any -> Any to retrieve the update and it worked out then. Maybe ACC uses ports we don't know so far or haven't read yet.
    It took quite a while though, until ACC told me that it would continue fetching the update in the background.

Regards,
    Haimo
  • Well, it's not firewall rules as my ACC already has all outbound access opened up... Going to try using a proxy and see what happens.
  • Well, I have no idea what the issue was. But any attempt to get ACC to download the 1.301 update itself failed with this message:

http://up2date2.fw-notify.net:80/ACC/V1/sys/1.301.tar.gpg Checksum mismatch with downloaded file

I watched /var/up2date/sys/ and the file it was downloading was well over the 28MB of the file on the up2date servers. I manually downloaded the file and copied to the /var/up2date/sys/ directory, started the manual prefetch again and it picked up the up2date correctly.

I'm installing the update now, let's hope it works correctly.
  • Hi,

if you have configured an intermediate ASG to act as a transparent HTTP proxy or told ACC to use this ASG as a proxy and Virus checking on the ASG is enabled downloading the file to ACC will stall until the ASG has downloaded the Up2Data package and scanned it. Hence the delay.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • Yes, we are using an intermediate ASL proxy, but the proxy doesn't do any virus or content scanning.
Reply Children