This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UP2Date - frequency settings

Can you tell me if the frequency setting for the UP2Date in ACC is going to be adjusted to match that of the ASG's as they can be set to get pattern updates hourly but the ACC can only be set to daily at best! or is this not even worth considering?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Ah but it acts as an Up2date proxy server which all your ASG's then connect to for updates which saves bandwidth as you dont have to download them all over again.
  • I may be misunderstanding you, but I think you are mixing up two pretty much unrelated topics.

Up2Date prefetching determines how often the ACC machine checks for Up2Date packages for itself.

The Up2Date Cache, on the other hand, is used for all machines that use the ACC installation as an upstream proxy, and ensures that downloads are fetched from the Up2Date servers only once.

You may have several ACC installations connect via another ACC installation to the Up2Date servers, for example, and get the best of both worlds - but there is no inherent connection between one feature and the other.

Does this answer your question?
  • Hmm think I probably was I was thinking the ACC fetched the updates itself for the ASG's then they connected to download them however now its clicked that  it just caches the first request then the rest will get them from the cache.

cheers