This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Version level appearing since 6.300 update

Hi guys,

This thread could also be in the "Hardware, Installation, Up2Date" category, but since ACC is directly related, I've post it here.

Since the 6.300 update was applied to 2 devices (1 ASG 220 and 1 ASL), ACC is reporting some potential problems in the Dashboard. These two devices have a version level of "1", since the Virus Pattern Age is more than 36 hours old (https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/52/t/25675 and https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/52/t/25680. Now if the update scenario has changed and will stay like that (no more hourly updates), with the Authentium AV, the ACC levels or threshold will need to be adjusted. All other devices (still on 6.203) are showing ok since these are updating almost hourly like before.

Secondly, these 2 devices are now showing that the root partition usage is exceeding 75 percent (again since the update). Anyone is having this (through ACC or directly in WebAdmin) ? This one worries me more...

Another thing... it seems that the Dashboard "refresh" or in any other category is not always working well.  Latest version of Firefox or IE 6 : no difference. You have to manually go to another display and come back to have the latest infos. (ie: From the Dashboard to  Threats and then back to the Dashboard).

Any feedback is appreciated,
Thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hey Stealth,

thanks for reporting this. There is an ACC Up2Date currently in testing which is properly adjusted to the less frequent pattern Up2Dates for the new engine being used on ASG.

Regarding the root partition, this is not related to ACC so please redirect this specific question to the ASG area of the UBB.

Finally, about the Dashboard or the monitoring Listviews. They are polled for new information every 10 seconds (default), but the Frontend will accept data which is has a certain maximum age. So, if during a polling cycle it turns out that the data is actually older than this maximum age, an asynchronous refresh will be triggered in the Backend. Next time the Frontend requests the Dashboard or Threat View or any other Listview data, the presented information is current. 

If you stay within the Dashboard or any other Monitoring view, can you please check that the "throbber" thing is rotating every 10 seconds. 

Cheers,
    megaposer
  • Hi megaposer, and thanks for your reply.

Are you aware when this ACC update will be released ?  Can't seem to find any infos on this. 

You're right about the root partition usage, should have post it in the according UBB. That's what I'll do.

I confirm that the rotating "Throbber" is alive and spinning every 10 seconds or so ... But like I told, the effective refresh is only happening when I change back and forth. For example, If I shut down on purpose an ASG, I will often have to change what's displayed and come back in the Dashboard to see it offline.  If I let it go (staying in the Dashboard), it can take up to 5-10 minutes to appear offline by itself. I would expect an immediate (let's say 30 seconds max) state change on the Dashboard. 

Regards,
  • Hi megaposer, and thanks for your reply.

Are you aware when this ACC update will be released ?  Can't seem to find any infos on this. 

You're right about the root partition usage, should have post it in the according UBB. That's what I'll do.

I confirm that the rotating "Throbber" is alive and spinning every 10 seconds or so ... But like I told, the effective refresh is only happening when I change back and forth. For example, If I shut down on purpose an ASG, I will often have to change what's displayed and come back in the Dashboard to see it offline.  If I let it go (staying in the Dashboard), it can take up to 5-10 minutes to appear offline by itself. I would expect an immediate (let's say 30 seconds max) state change on the Dashboard. 

Regards,
Children
  • Hi Stealth,

sorry, no release dates on the UBB - but I can say as much: "It will be released when it is ready." ;-)

No hard feelings about the root partition thing. We're thankful for any hint.

We've looked into the refresh issue you reported. It can be reproduced by having selected the Dashboard or any other Monitoring Listview and then changing (or reselecting) the treeview node you are looking at. Then the view will be refreshed two more times, but there will be no more subsequent refreshes. 

If you stay within a treeview node and select the Dashboard or a Monitoring View afterwards, refresh will work as it should be. This is what you noticed as the need to switch between Dashboard and Threat View - you've probably selected the Dashboard, changed the treeview node, then after two more refreshes nothing more happened, you switched to Threat View thereby re-enabling the refresh, switched back to Dashboard and received the refreshed data you wanted to have in the first place.

Thanks for pointing this out. We will take this issue into consideration for the next ACC Up2date, but it probably won't make it into the current upcoming Up2Date. 

Please use the workaround of re-selecting the monitoring view you were in to activate proper refreshing after you have changed the treeview node.

Cheers,
    megaposer
  • Hi megaposer,

Glad to know that you have been able to reproduce the refresh problem.
    Will continue to use the "workaround" until it is adressed in a future update.
    ACC is a nice tool, even thought it's still in its early phase.
    Can't wait for future releases !

Thanks again for your feedback,
    Keep up the good work.

Regards,
  • Hi,

this issue has been resolved in ACC V1.3 - refreshes of treeview based views are now working properly. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
    Henning
  • Hello Henning,

Thanks for your feedback. 
    Everything seems good after applying the 1.300 release like you said.
    Glad to know that it's been worked out.

Keep up the good work guys !

Regards,