This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

No Upstram Proxy ?

Hi!

As our ACC ist not directly connected to the internet it would be cool to be able to enter an upstream proxy like in ASG. We'd like to update it when there are updates available...

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • The so called upstream proxy in ASG is for ASG itself to load up2date packages if not connected directly to the internet. Thats what I thought...

I need the possibility to enter a proxy into ACC so that it can download updates from the internet through a proxy, not via the default gateway.
  • You are right, there is currently no upstream proxy configuration possible for the ACC. We know that this is missing, and we are working on it. Until it is implemented, you can manually download the up2date packages from our FTP server:
    ftp://ftp.astaro.de/pub/ACC/up2date/v1.0/
    You can copy the up2date packages into /var/up2date/sys, run the command  "/sbin/auisys.plx  --showdesc " on the console, and should be able to see/install the up2date packages via the Frontend as usually.

Thank you for your patience.
  • Hi,

this issue has been resolved in the new ACC V1.3 release.

Together with a sophisticated Up2Date Cache it is now possible to enter an upstream/parent proxy for ACC specific Up2Date operations. The ACC System Up2Date process as well as the ACC Up2Date Cache will then go through the upstream/parent proxy. Administered ASGs should be configured to use the ACC system as upstream proxy, utilizing the ACC Up2Date Cache.

Regards,
    Henning
  • hello

i want to update the acc manualy, but in my acc is no diretory such /var/up2date/sys only /var/up2date/sys-install. i copy all updates files in it and send the following command "/sbin/auisys.plx --showdesc " but no upadates appear in acc
  • Hi,

the sys-install directory is used for the unpacked files and descriptions of Up2Date packages. You have to put it the GPG encrypted tarballs you downloaded into the /var/up2date/sys/ directory. This directory will only exist if one or more Up2Date packages has been downloaded via regular means.

As you copied the Up2Date packages yourself to the ACC machine, /var/up2date/sys/ does not existy, so please just create it beforehand.

# mkdir /var/up2date/sys
    # auisys --showdesc

Cheers,
    Henning