This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Filtering - Broken Internet

We have multiple clients with the inability to use the Internet, and once we disabled Web Filtering, the Internet traffic resumed.  Is this a known issue with the Sophos UTM today 1/8/2021?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi and welcome to the UTM Community!

This is not a problem that I've ever seen here or with any of my clients.  What version of UTM - 9.705?

What do you learn from looking through the Web Filtering log?  You can see just the lines with blocks by searching on block.  Once you have a few lines with accesses that should not have been blocked, copy them here.  We'll then want to see a picture or two of the relevant web filtering Policy.

UPDATE a few minutes later: I just saw another thread about this.  It appears that there was a faulty pattern update for some.  You should open cases with Sophos Support so that they understand that this is an emergency.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi and welcome to the UTM Community!

This is not a problem that I've ever seen here or with any of my clients.  What version of UTM - 9.705?

What do you learn from looking through the Web Filtering log?  You can see just the lines with blocks by searching on block.  Once you have a few lines with accesses that should not have been blocked, copy them here.  We'll then want to see a picture or two of the relevant web filtering Policy.

UPDATE a few minutes later: I just saw another thread about this.  It appears that there was a faulty pattern update for some.  You should open cases with Sophos Support so that they understand that this is an emergency.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children