This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos vs MSE

Hi
I've been trying convince some coworkers to switch from Microsoft security essentials to Sophos, some of them are saying that MSE offers better protection. I could not find any direct comparisons other then Virus Bulletin : VB100 award and logo that gives them both 100. Anyone have any selling points to convince them to change?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Yes, you are right. I thought we were talking about the Endpoint full product, not the Endpoint Protection from the UTM modules. (I know we are in the UTM forum, but this naming collision tricked me)

So, we still have the central management and the removable media control. Not sure if the MSE has it, though...
  • Yes, you are right. I thought we were talking about the Endpoint full product, not the Endpoint Protection from the UTM modules. (I know we are in the UTM forum, but this naming collision tricked me)

So, we still have the central management and the removable media control. Not sure if the MSE has it, though...
Children

No, in order to get that, you would have to purchase their Forefront product line.  Same engine, just for a business model.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)