This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SD-RED20 does not boot

Hello there,

I have a SD-RED 20 which dows not boot anymore.

The system LED flashes for about 30 seconds and then it turns off again and 30 seconds later it turns to flashing again. The process starts all over again and again. Even a connected LTE USB-Stick reboots when the system LED turns off again.

Regarding to the manual, which says system flashing means booting and system lighting means finished boot, I assume that the boot process does not boot properly.

Is someone there who can help me with this issue?

Best regards

Alex

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The system LED should light up continuously after booting.
    Then the gateway / router LED starts to flash.

If the system LED does not light up continuously, the boot process has been aborted.  (you have to RMA the device)
    If the GW / Router LED flashes, but then does not light up continuously, the RED does not receive a network / DHCP address.

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Hi Dirk and thank you for your answer.

The RED-Device did not go into booted up state with system LED lighting up continously.

Nevertheless, I have figured out a method to reset the device completely: While system LED was flashing, I held down the Reset Button for around 10 seconds. After that the device seemed to be reset completely to factory defaults. Not only on the configuration side, but also on the firmware side. After that the device booted up normally, fetched its config and did a firmware update. Now everything is fine again.

Best regards

Alex

• Hi Dirk and thank you for your answer.

The RED-Device did not go into booted up state with system LED lighting up continously.

Nevertheless, I have figured out a method to reset the device completely: While system LED was flashing, I held down the Reset Button for around 10 seconds. After that the device seemed to be reset completely to factory defaults. Not only on the configuration side, but also on the firmware side. After that the device booted up normally, fetched its config and did a firmware update. Now everything is fine again.

Best regards

Alex

Children
No Data