This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

9.601-5 Update Killed RED 50 Home Site DNS Resolution

Recently upgraded to 9.601-5 and lost all DNS resolution to home site from the RED 50 remote site.  Delete RED 50, rebooted UTM, rebooted RED 50, added RED 50 back into UTM.  Rebooted UTM, rebooted RED 50, rebooted client computer and still no DNS.  Discovered that users in this community were having issues with this firmware and RED devices.  Based on this post: https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/f/remote-ethernet-device-red/111304/utm-9-601---red-issues/399482#399482 I SHH'd into the UTM and reverted back to the firmware for the RED that is NOT the Unified Firmware.  Voila DNS resolution is back!  If anyone else is experiencing this issue you may want to try and revert the firmware on your RED box.  I have a Support incident open and I'll report back to them that the firmware caused issues.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Any news?

I have a RED 50 that's been looping since beginning of march. Assumed Sophos would get things sorted. RED is only used for remote admin, so no high priority thing.

Based on what I see so far I've tried using the 'cc set red use_unified_firmware 0', but it does not look like it helps. 

If there is a fix on the horizon I can wait for that, otherwise guess I'll line up in the "you broke my RED" que.

Children
No Data