This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

3CX external clients trying to connect 3CX hosted in Cloud

Hi,

We've got a 3CX Server hosted in the cloud. On our internal network we have a 3CX SBC setup on a Raspberry Pi and we are using 3cx client on Windows laptops. We also have two older phones that cannot use the 3CX SBC, so they have to connect directly to the 3CX Server.
Everything works perfectly, but now we are in the process of installing a Sophos UTM-9 Firewall. I've tried a few configurations, but no luck.

I've configured a Network Definition for our 3CX Cloud Server Public IP and hostname.

I've also configured Service Definitions for in a group called 3CX_Group. TCP 5000, 5001, 5015, 5061. UDP & TCP 5060, 5090. UDP 9000 - 9500 and 48000 - 65535.

I then created a firewall rule to allow service 3CX Group from internal network to our 3CX Server.

If I look at the log files it shows the rule being applied and access was given, but nothing works.
SBC log

3CX Winows client

3CX Server login

I see that the port being sent from the client side is totally different. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Fixed. All working now. Masquerading settings was correct. I had RTP service incorrectly configured on TCP and not UDP. I've also added my 3CX server to the exception list of Intrusion Prevention.

So my problem was, I had no Masquerading and incorrect RTP service configured as TCP and not UDP.
Children