This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

QOS seems dont work

Hi,

Im trying to configure QOS on our Sophos UTM box. i want to limit and shape the bandwidth with a user downloads somethings via web. below is what i did

On the traffic selector 

Source: (IP of the User)
Service: HTTP and HTTPS
Destination: ANY

Bandwidth Pools
Source interface (external wan)
bandwidth :200kbps
up: 210kbps
Traffic selector (checked)

When i tried to download i file it exceeds 210kbps. May i ask if i miss something or i wrongly configured it?

any help is appreciated?

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This question hasn't come up for over a year, so I'm not surprised you guys couldn't find the answer with a google on site:astaro.org.  I think it was BillyBob that posted the solution originally.

There are several things that need to be considered.  First, for example, a response from a web server has port 80 as the source port, not the destination port as does the "HTTP" Service definition.  Next, download traffic has the IP of the client as the destination.  Finally, you can make rules only for outbound traffic in other words, internet downloads are regulated on the Internal interface. So,...
    [LIST=1]
    • Create a group named "Web Surfing Responses" and fill it with services that correspond to responses to "Web Surfing" requests. "HTTP-Responses" would be '80->1:65535', for example.
    • Create a Traffic Selector in QoS: 'Internet -> Web Surfing Responses -> {user's IP}'.
    • Create a Bandwidth Pool on the Internal interface limiting the traffic to 200kb.
    [/LIST]
    Did that do what you wanted?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • This question hasn't come up for over a year, so I'm not surprised you guys couldn't find the answer with a google on site:astaro.org.  I think it was BillyBob that posted the solution originally.

There are several things that need to be considered.  First, for example, a response from a web server has port 80 as the source port, not the destination port as does the "HTTP" Service definition.  Next, download traffic has the IP of the client as the destination.  Finally, you can make rules only for outbound traffic in other words, internet downloads are regulated on the Internal interface. So,...
    [LIST=1]
    • Create a group named "Web Surfing Responses" and fill it with services that correspond to responses to "Web Surfing" requests. "HTTP-Responses" would be '80->1:65535', for example.
    • Create a Traffic Selector in QoS: 'Internet -> Web Surfing Responses -> {user's IP}'.
    • Create a Bandwidth Pool on the Internal interface limiting the traffic to 200kb.
    [/LIST]
    Did that do what you wanted?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data