This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Top hacker hn.kd.ny.adsl ??

Hi all,

This guy has tried many times to scan and attack directly to my server. After searching it online and I found many complains to this one, hn.kd.ny.adsl.

Is that possible for Astaro to block a guy based on his MAC address instead of IP address in web admin? Actually, I have my customized firewall before Astaro, and I know his MAC address 00:24:b2:03:b5:52 after receiving many email alerts from psad and iptables log.

Thanks,

Hsinan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Billybob,

The reason I put my customized server in front of Astaro is because I can easily block some IP addresses permanently and automatically. For Astaro, I need to add them manually. However, Astaro is the best UTM I have tried so far and I want virus scan feature to protect my DMZ and LAN.

For "hn.kd.ny.adsl", I think it's not so easy to block. First, it changed IP often. Putting IP address there is not efficient. Second, it tried not only port scan but also all kind of attacks for emails, spam, web and Brute force attack. I want to block it without providing any service. 

Any better idea?

Thanks,

Hsinan

• The reason I put my customized server in front of Astaro is because I can easily block some IP addresses permanently and automatically. 

Don't know if it is feasible but you can always block all chinese IP ranges.

http://www.ipdeny.com/ipblocks/data/countries/cn.zone

But still I don't get the point. If your firewall and IPS are working as they are supposed to most of the trivial network scans and proxy scans are just part of being connected to the internet. You are just seeing it more closely because of your advanced gear. I guess one can always unplug the cord before going to bed j/k[:D]

• The reason I put my customized server in front of Astaro is because I can easily block some IP addresses permanently and automatically. 

Don't know if it is feasible but you can always block all chinese IP ranges.

http://www.ipdeny.com/ipblocks/data/countries/cn.zone

But still I don't get the point. If your firewall and IPS are working as they are supposed to most of the trivial network scans and proxy scans are just part of being connected to the internet. You are just seeing it more closely because of your advanced gear. I guess one can always unplug the cord before going to bed j/k[:D]
Children
No Data