This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Top hacker hn.kd.ny.adsl ??

Hi all,

This guy has tried many times to scan and attack directly to my server. After searching it online and I found many complains to this one, hn.kd.ny.adsl.

Is that possible for Astaro to block a guy based on his MAC address instead of IP address in web admin? Actually, I have my customized firewall before Astaro, and I know his MAC address 00:24:b2:03:b5:52 after receiving many email alerts from psad and iptables log.

Thanks,

Hsinan

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Bob, Barry,

Sorry I didn't update it after I found I was wrong. 

Yes, it's my netgear router. I have a netgear router followed by my customized firewall, and then Astaro. Astaro has two WANs so my internal LAN and servers in DMZ can keep connected only if my ISP is down. 

So, do you have any suggestion to block this guy? If you google "hn.kd.ny.adsl", you will see so many complains to it.

Thanks,

Hsinan
  •  If you google "hn.kd.ny.adsl", you will see so many complains to it.

Seems like the script looks for open proxies etc and does port scan. Is your astaro even live on the internet or is it double natted or tripple natted. 

All the proxies running on astaro are secure, i would be more concerned about the box that you put together by yourself in front of astaro. If you are not publishing any servers then I don't see what the paranoia is all about[:S]

They are going to add geo ip blocking for mail security in v8 if that is the server you are worried about.
  •  If you google "hn.kd.ny.adsl", you will see so many complains to it.

Seems like the script looks for open proxies etc and does port scan. Is your astaro even live on the internet or is it double natted or tripple natted. 

All the proxies running on astaro are secure, i would be more concerned about the box that you put together by yourself in front of astaro. If you are not publishing any servers then I don't see what the paranoia is all about[:S]

They are going to add geo ip blocking for mail security in v8 if that is the server you are worried about.
Children
No Data