This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Uplink Balancing and weight

I would like to ask some questions about WAN uplink balancing and weight in sopho UTM.

I have two WAN interface.

1) internet 01 > 500Gbps

2)internet 02 > 300Gbps

my setting is interface>uplink balancing> active interface >

i put both interface and weight to 100/100 with 5-minute persistance.

which interface is working as active?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • but my bandwidth is not the same, one is 500 and another is 300. At this condition. how much bandwidth will get to end-user?

• In that scenario it is best recommended to keep the high bandwidth with more weight rather than equal. And for the another you can add the remaining amount so the total sum up should be 100. 

The values are evaluated relative to each other so they need not add up to 100. Instead, you can have a configuration for example, where interface 1 has value 100, interface 2 has value 50 and interface 3 has value 0. Here, interface 2 gets only half the traffic of interface 1, whereas interface 3 only comes into action when none of the other interfaces is available. A value of zero means that always another interface with a higher value is chosen if available. 

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek Jagad | Team Lead, Global Support & Services 

Log a Support Case | Sophos Service Guide
    Best Practices – Support Case

Sophos Community | Product Documentation | Sophos Techvids | SMS
    If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hine and welcome to the UTM Community!

You will want to set the weight for the 500 to 50 and the one for the 300 to 30.

Note that the default is persistence by connection.  If you want specific traffic to prefer an interface, you can use a Multipath rule.  You will want to read the help on multipathing.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA