This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot Ping Other Subnet; Nothing in Logs

Hi, I know this has been posted many times but the answers I found are not working. I cannot going a subnet on a different interface on my UTM. I can ping OTHER subnets, so something tells me it's a setting with this one in particular that's stopping it. The interface is the DMZ, though I'm using it more as a local testing network to set up a new gateway. 

The logs say my pings are falling back to fwrule 60002 but I'm not sure why, as I have PING enabled from my LAN to the DMZ. After trying, I downloaded the IPS and Firewall logs and don't see anything even trying to go to the IP I'm attempting to ping. Is there some other place I should be looking?

I can, however, ping it from the UTM itself.

Thanks,

Jeff

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • You would need to show us your subnets here for your LAN2 and DMZ.  My first guess is your subnets aren't matching, for example, one is /16 and the other is /18.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• You would need to show us your subnets here for your LAN2 and DMZ.  My first guess is your subnets aren't matching, for example, one is /16 and the other is /18.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

Children
No Data