This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Block URL in Webserver Protection

Hi everyone,

webserver protection is working fine for me with some sites configured.

But I'd like to be able to block certain URLs. An example would be the Exchange server.

Most of its URLs would be fine, not only /owa, but also others for ActiveSync for example.

But I'd like to block /ecs. Is that feasible somehow? I wasn't able to find much here. Only https://community.sophos.com/utm-firewall/f/web-server-security/50144/blocking-certain-url-s , but it wasn't really answered in my opinion.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hallo,

Please show a picture of the Edit of the 'Firewall profile' used by the Virtual server.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Moving this thread to the Web Server Security forum.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

well, there isn't really one, yet. This was more of a generic question.

But let's take this example (which is not active, yet):

Now for my understanding, the virtual server will route all requests to the physical server, based on the domain name, right?

I'd think the firewall profile in between differentiate by entry URLs. But in the end I have to select exactly 1 FW profile per virtual server, hence I can only configure one per application.

Now is there a way to block certain paths? Or do I need to understand it in such a way that if anything is entered into the entry URL fields that those are the whitelisted/allowed entries and everything else is blocked?

• Hi Bob,

well, there isn't really one, yet. This was more of a generic question.

But let's take this example (which is not active, yet):

Now for my understanding, the virtual server will route all requests to the physical server, based on the domain name, right?

I'd think the firewall profile in between differentiate by entry URLs. But in the end I have to select exactly 1 FW profile per virtual server, hence I can only configure one per application.

Now is there a way to block certain paths? Or do I need to understand it in such a way that if anything is entered into the entry URL fields that those are the whitelisted/allowed entries and everything else is blocked?

Children
No Data