This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Connect 2.1.20 with Support for SSL VPN still doesnt allow multiple Connections via the GUI

Hi All

We have recently recieved a notification that the Sophos Connect SSL VPN Client for windows will go EOL in 2022 and the reccomended path is the Sophos connect Client 2.1.20 that now supports SSL Vpn connections.

This is great. I have tested the SSL Functionality via the new Sophos connect client and it works great. Just as the now almost EOL SSL Client for windows did.

However we have noticed a flaw which we are hoping to get around.

The soon to be EOL SSL VPN Client for windows allowed multiple simultaneous connections to different firewalls via multiple installed TAP Adapters, which in my situation and many others is ideal as i have multiple XG / XGS firewalls and clients that i manage at one time. Thus the abililty to have multiple VPN Connections to Multiple firewalls is critical.

However the Sophos Connect Client with the newly included SSL Support to my knowledge only allowes one ssl or ipsec connection at a time, Once you connect the first connection the other connections are no longer available via the GUI and you are only able to see the statistics of the first / Current connected VPN.

Please can you assist with either letting me know how i can go about connecting more than one VPN via the Sophos Connect Client - 2.1.20.
If this feature is not included or possible at the moment, i have a feeling alot of people that use the SSL VPN Client ( EOL in 2022) wont migrate to Sophos Connect 2.1.20 as its loosing one of its biggest features allowing the connection of multiple ssl vpns at once.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I received a feedback from a customer that also multi-user support (e.g. if users share a laptop for homeoffice) is not possible like with the old SSL-Client. That means you can only import 1 config for 1 destination VPN IP/DNS and for 1 user. It´s not possible to import differnet user profiles for the same vpn destination.

And it would be great if Sophos additionaly would support more than 1 TAP-Adapters so that multiple active VPN connections are possible.

Sophos should fix that...

regards

• I received a feedback from a customer that also multi-user support (e.g. if users share a laptop for homeoffice) is not possible like with the old SSL-Client. That means you can only import 1 config for 1 destination VPN IP/DNS and for 1 user. It´s not possible to import differnet user profiles for the same vpn destination.

And it would be great if Sophos additionaly would support more than 1 TAP-Adapters so that multiple active VPN connections are possible.

Sophos should fix that...

regards

Children
No Data