This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to forward multicast between VLANs?

Hi everybody,

I need to forward multicast from my VLAN20 (Clients) to my VLAN21 (Sonos Devices).

At my SG210 I see an option "Interfaces & Routing" -> "Multicast Routing (PIM-SM)" but I don't know how to set it up.

What I want to reach is, that clients von VLAN20 are able to find Sonos devices through multicast, which are in VLAN21, like the guy in that thread does: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/multiple-subnets-vlans-and-sonos-workable-clavister-solution-30950

Firewall rules with an ANY access vom VLAN20 to VLAN21 are already enabled, but I don't get how to route the mulicast traffic.

Is anybody able to help me?

Thank you and best regards,

Johnny

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Johnny,

You want the 'Multicast Routing (PIM-SM)' section in 'Interfaces & Routing'.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi ,

I know where it's located, I wrote that in my initial post, but it is not that easy configured like the rest at the UTM. To be honest, I don't get how I can accomplish my needs. Unfortunatley I can't find a howto or anything like that and the normally very helpful documentation from the UTM itself is not able to help.

Is that something which you could explain in short?

Thank you, Johnny

• Verzeihung, Johnny, I answered your excellent title without reading your post.

The only trick is using a network device that both VLANs can reach as the RP Router.  What questions do you have about the other tabs?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA