This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Accessing the GUI of a Sophos SG 310

I am new to the Sophos SG 310 and wanted to access the GUI. I was given the username and password to the GUI. When I connect to the wireless network that SG 310 has firewalled I noticed its IP address is 172.168.400.1 but the IP Address my computer is given is 172.168.401.x 

Inserting the 172.168.400.1 into a browser states the site cannot be reached.

Any tips on getting me to the login page is appreciated.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out to Sophos Community.

Try accessing webadmin on https://<IP_Address>:4444/

If it's not accessible then you can login to shell and confirm the webadmin port using the below command.

utm:/root # cc et webadmin port

• Thank you all.

When in Putty while trying to SSH in the SG 310  enter the gateway router IP (192.168.200.1 Port 4444) of the SG 310 I receive the following error:

Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection

When I use Port 22 I receive the following error:

Network error: Connection timed out

Any suggestions to access the router is appreciated.

• Thank you all.

When in Putty while trying to SSH in the SG 310  enter the gateway router IP (192.168.200.1 Port 4444) of the SG 310 I receive the following error:

Remote side unexpectedly closed network connection

When I use Port 22 I receive the following error:

Network error: Connection timed out

Any suggestions to access the router is appreciated.

Children
  • Please show us pictures of commands and results, John - I can't "see" what's happening.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you, BAlfson. The following images are commands and results.

Link1

Link2

• Thanks, John.  Instead of port 4444, you want 22 for SSH.

Also, click on the + beside SSH and make sure PuTTy knows the location of your private key.

Cheers - Bob
    PS In the future, please insert your images directly into the post. We can't know if that external site is properly protected. I opened both of your links in a sandbox.  The only malware I've gotten in over 10+ years was from an external link to a picture in this forum over 5 years ago.  Thanks in advance!

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you again, Balfson. What if you don't have the private key? Can I still SSH into the SG 310? The last admin did not leave any information for us.

• Yes, John, you can.  Your initial logon will be loginuser.  Then input  su -  and enter the root password when prompted.

It sounds like you may not have the correct IP and that's also the reason you weren't able to connect to WebAdmin.  If you connect a monitor to the SG, you will see the correct IP to use on the screen.

Once you have that, if you can't get in with https://{correct IP}:4444,, it will be because the earlier admin limited access to only his IP.  What if you try on the computer he was using?

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Thank you again, Balfson. I don't have the the loginuser password nor the root password. I also don't have the computer the person who setup the SG 310.

• You're between a rock and a hard place for sure, John!

You can try Sophos UTM: Recover access in the event of password loss.

Otherwise, I would contact Sophos Sales and see what they can do to help you get the information you need.  I would suggest that you contact Sophos Support, but you need to know the license ID to open a case.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA