This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM and Discord video/audio

Hello,

I'm running an SG115 with 9.705-3 and I've been experimenting very bad audio and video quality on Discord. Even by disabling most services (IPS, WebFiltering, etc.), I still get it. I'm on a 1GB/100MB fiber connection on a 1GB LAN. As soon as I switch my computer to 4G connected to my mobile phone, I get a cristal clear video and audio quality from Discord.

Is Sophos aware of this ? Is there a workaround possible ?

Best Regards

Renaud

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

Did you configure Anti-DoS/Flooding on your UTM? Could you please check that under Network Protection > Intrusion Protection > Anti-Dos/Flooding? 

I would also suggest you provide packet filter logs for further investigation. 

Thanks,

• Salut Renaud and welcome to the UTM Community!

As H_Patel suggests, this is likely due to Anti-DoS/Flooding UDP.  The following commands done at the command line will likely identify which traffic is causing blocks of many packets:

grep 'UDP flood' /var/log/ips.log|grep -oP 'srcip=".*?" proto'|sort -n|uniq -c
    grep 'UDP flood' /var/log/ips.log|grep -oP 'dstport=".*?"'|sort -n|uniq -c

Any luck with that?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I've found the following with Web Protection - Application Control. Sophos wrongly detects Discord RTC Audio connections as the app "imo.im" (a messenger app unrealted to Discord).

The log shows this:

Application-Control-Regel-Nr.12 imo.im a.a.x.y:52695 > 213.163.95.154:50006 len=301 ttl=127 tos=0x00
    Application-Control-Regel-Nr.12 imo.im a.a.x.y:52498 > 5.200.14.184:50002 len=315 ttl=127 tos=0x00

After I've whitelisted "imo.im" in Application Control for all my hosts running Discord, the constantly repeating audio drops no longer occured. I'm back to crystal clear group conferencing.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Polygon-tre

Hi ,

Thank you for sharing your solution with the Community! 

Thanks,

• Confirmed ! It did the job for me :) many thanks !