This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Process to Open a Port in UTM 9

I've opened the ports I needed in the firewall with but they're not showing as open when testing with a port scan. Is something else also needed?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi n360,

welcome

You will also need to create a DNAT rule.

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• What should the fields for the DNAT rule be? Thus far what I've attempted has not worked. For this test, we are using any as the source but it will change. In the screenshot, Data is referencing the LAN and I feel like that is wrong.

• good start, just a few amendments to your DNAT rule, so it will be allowed through the firewall, you have to

set the 'Going to' as you external Public IP Address

and for good practice, the 'For traffic from' I would set to Internet IPv4 (or IPv6, which ever you use) - although this is not critical for it to work.

hope this helps you.

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!