This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Login to WebAdmin from External Interface

I have a setup with two NICs. After installation I can access WebAdmin from the "internal" interface -but how can I access WebAdmin from the external interface?

In Management/WebAdmin settings/General I added the external interface to "allowed networks" and I then connected the external interface port to my home router and it got an IP of 192.168.2.x. Problem is that I am not able to get the WebAdmin login page from another (WIN7) PC on the 192.168.2.x network. Are there any other settings needed?

Purpose is to be able to change the internal interface to use VLAN (I cannot make changes to the interface used for WebAdmin). I cannot add a 3rd NIC since there are no more card slots (ATOM 525 motherboard) - unless ASG works with USB to NIC dongles. 

ASG 8.102 home license

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If you configured to have backups sent to your email, then you should copy a backup (from before the IP change) into the root of a USB memory stick.  Boot your Astaro with the memory stick inserted, and it will restore your configuration.  If you don't have a backup, then, you're right, you'll need to re-install.

Some suggestions for home users:
    - If it's not already, put your (cable, DSL, whatever) modem into bridge mode and plug it directly into the Astaro's External interface so the Astaro can have the public IP there.  If you have a wireless router in the mix, put tape over its WAN port and plug one of the LAN ports into the Internal interface of the Astaro - now, you can use the device as a wireless switch.
     - Sign up at DynDNS.com for a free name (for example: techmaster2011.dyndns.org) and use that as the hostname of the Astaro when you install it.
    - Never configure two Astaro interfaces with overlapping subnets as the routing will be screwed up.
    - As Barry said, never plug two interfaces into the same, physical Ethernet network (unless they're bridged or aggrregated).
    - Always configure to have backups emailed to you (daily, for at least a year).

Off the top of my head, those are the biggies.  Others please add what I've forgotten!

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA

• Some suggestions for home users:
    - If it's not already, put your (cable, DSL, whatever) modem into bridge mode and plug it directly into the Astaro's External interface so the Astaro can have the public IP there.  If you have a wireless router in the mix, put tape over its WAN port and plug one of the LAN ports into the Internal interface of the Astaro - now, you can use the device as a wireless switch.
     - Sign up at DynDNS.com for a free name (for example: techmaster2011.dyndns.org) and use that as the hostname of the Astaro when you install it.
    - Never configure two Astaro interfaces with overlapping subnets as the routing will be screwed up.
    - As Barry said, never plug two interfaces into the same, physical Ethernet network (unless they're bridged or aggrregated).

Great recommendations... I'd also add that the DHCP server should be disabled on the wireless router, and I'd recommend configuring a (non-conflicting) static IP for the management interface of the wifi router.

Barry

• Some suggestions for home users:

Great recommendations... I'd also add that the DHCP server should be disabled on the wireless router, and I'd recommend configuring a (non-conflicting) static IP for the management interface of the wifi router.

Barry
Children
  • I have an ASG 120. the below is my setup:

Internet -> Aztec router -> LAN Port Aztev to WAN Port ASG (IP 192.168.2.10)
    Internal Network -> 10.200.10.X
    Internal ASG IP -> 10.200.10.1

Internally all seems to well. I am trying to setup a dyndns account to point to my ASG.

I have gone to my ASG -> DNS -> DYNDNS and selected "first public IP in the route". I can see on the dyndns that the IP is getting updated.

but when i go to https://(dyndns hostname):4444 it doest open my webadmin [:(]

Also i want to use this dyndns hostname to set my VPN etc.

Please help as ive been breaking my head on this for days now.

Gigi