This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Login to WebAdmin from External Interface

I have a setup with two NICs. After installation I can access WebAdmin from the "internal" interface -but how can I access WebAdmin from the external interface?

In Management/WebAdmin settings/General I added the external interface to "allowed networks" and I then connected the external interface port to my home router and it got an IP of 192.168.2.x. Problem is that I am not able to get the WebAdmin login page from another (WIN7) PC on the 192.168.2.x network. Are there any other settings needed?

Purpose is to be able to change the internal interface to use VLAN (I cannot make changes to the interface used for WebAdmin). I cannot add a 3rd NIC since there are no more card slots (ATOM 525 motherboard) - unless ASG works with USB to NIC dongles. 

ASG 8.102 home license

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks Scott and Bob.

I'll install and make the IP WAN/LAN spaces different and connect ASG directly to my cable modem (I have already seen DNS fail due to my current router slow forwarding).

Scott, if I install a 3rd NIC will this then be LAN or WAN? I think I have seen it both ways (WAN failsafe or multi-port LAN), so something (like NAT/filter settings) must determine LAN/WAN membership.

The e-mail backup and boot with USB stick is a good suggestion - that should save having to re-install.
  • Thanks Scott and Bob.

I'll install and make the IP WAN/LAN spaces different and connect ASG directly to my cable modem (I have already seen DNS fail due to my current router slow forwarding).

Scott, if I install a 3rd NIC will this then be LAN or WAN? I think I have seen it both ways (WAN failsafe or multi-port LAN), so something (like NAT/filter settings) must determine LAN/WAN membership.

The e-mail backup and boot with USB stick is a good suggestion - that should save having to re-install.
Children
No Data