This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Login to WebAdmin from External Interface

I have a setup with two NICs. After installation I can access WebAdmin from the "internal" interface -but how can I access WebAdmin from the external interface?

In Management/WebAdmin settings/General I added the external interface to "allowed networks" and I then connected the external interface port to my home router and it got an IP of 192.168.2.x. Problem is that I am not able to get the WebAdmin login page from another (WIN7) PC on the 192.168.2.x network. Are there any other settings needed?

Purpose is to be able to change the internal interface to use VLAN (I cannot make changes to the interface used for WebAdmin). I cannot add a 3rd NIC since there are no more card slots (ATOM 525 motherboard) - unless ASG works with USB to NIC dongles. 

ASG 8.102 home license

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Thanks for the suggestions - but even with ANY(network) I cannot login from external. My internal and external networks use the same IP space (192.168.0.xx) - but they are not connected in any way. Interesting from the internal port I can login to either the internal IP adrs or the external IP adrs. I have turned ping on but external does not respond to ping.

I installled a 2nd NIC and set it up for internal2 (I have not yet moved to an Atom mb - I testing using an old desttop PC). I cannot login using internal2.

I tried to change my internal IP to 192.168.1.1 but now I cannot login to internal. Why? The console shows that the IP changed. So now I have to reset (if I can find the instructions) or re-install.

How does ASG determine what side of the firewall/NAT an interface belongs to?

Thanks
  • Thanks for the suggestions - but even with ANY(network) I cannot login from external. My internal and external networks use the same IP space (192.168.0.xx) - but they are not connected in any way. Interesting from the internal port I can login to either the internal IP adrs or the external IP adrs. I have turned ping on but external does not respond to ping.

I installled a 2nd NIC and set it up for internal2 (I have not yet moved to an Atom mb - I testing using an old desttop PC). I cannot login using internal2.

I tried to change my internal IP to 192.168.1.1 but now I cannot login to internal. Why? The console shows that the IP changed. So now I have to reset (if I can find the instructions) or re-install.

How does ASG determine what side of the firewall/NAT an interface belongs to?

Thanks
Children
No Data