This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to change do-not-reply@fw-notify.net

Hello everybody

Is there a way to change the sender address for notifications?
(using ASG120 Release 6.203)

I am using Exchange Server 5.5 in combination with a tool called 'Exchange POP3' to get Mails via POP3 from an external Mail-box. This tool resides on the same machine as the Exchange Server and listens to port 25. It talks to Exchange on Port 8025.
My ASTARO SMTP Proxy runs in transparent mode, routing mails for our domain (also to the Postmaster Address) to our Exchange Server machine.
So, also notifications from 'do-not-reply@fw-notify.net' will be sent there.

The problem now is:

The 'Exchange POP3' will receive this message and check the senders domain ('fw-notify.net'). For security reasons (e.g. open relay) the tool does accept mails from domains other than say mydomain.com. It will generate a message saying: Sender's domain not licensed.

I really don't want to reorganize our E-Mail infrastructure right now (DMZ with Exchange Server + Dyn-DNS).
I would prefer to change the sender address from 'do-not-reply@fw-notify.net' to something like 'astaro.notification@mydomain.com'.
- or -
Can I configure ASG to route mails FROM 'do-not-reply@fw-notify.net' to my provider. So he can mail it back to me.

Thank You

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • You change the address in the Systems -> Administrator contact. Also remove the fw-notify addresss and the messages will go the mailbox you want. I think that is the way to go.

Ian M
  • Thank You Ian for the quick reply.
    Maybe I did not make myself clear (-foreign language-) but I don't want to change the Administrator contact. I need to change the sender address (do-not-reply@fw-notify.net) to another address. It needs to be an address in my domain.
  • Nobi,
    I don't think you can, because from my limited understanding you won't get the message sent to you. I think (I will stand correction on this, because it is a guess) that the fw-notify.net is an Astaro address, so changing that would change the forwarding mail box.

My guess would be to hack and loose support.

Ian M
  • hi there, 

i sneaked arround the system a little bit, 
    why don't you take a look at /usr/local/bin/notifier.pl seems to me that you may find what you are looking for.

regards 
    Polluxxx