This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exporting settings from SG230 to virtual appliance

Hello,

I would like to export all settings from an SG230 and import them into a virtual SG appliance. I would like to backup settings without license key, and import the backup in the virtual environment.

When I will import settings in the virtual appliance, how can I modify networks adapters using command line?

Thanks

F.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Ciao F,

If you just restore a regular, full backup, you will get a license warning requiring you to upload a valid license - molto piu semplice !

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob!

The problem is that in my SG230 I have 6 interfaces, but in the virtual appliance I have 5 interfaces... so what could happen when restoring?

• If you didn't use the upper interfaces ... restore works with SG firewall.

Otherwise, you have to reassign a new Port/VLAN to the IP-Interface afterwards

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• If you didn't use the upper interfaces ... restore works with SG firewall.

Otherwise, you have to reassign a new Port/VLAN to the IP-Interface afterwards

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

Children
No Data