This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

DHCPv6 missing clients in IPv6 Lease table

Hi,

because I am not able find way how to submit support ticket about UTM9 then I try to ask here.

I have bit weird problem with DHCPv6 server, I set it up and it works properly, clients grab addresses and it works well, problem is with Lease table entries, actually I just testing IPv6 then I set up only 3 clients, all 3 clients get address but in Lease table I see only 2 clients, 3rd client is missing in that table but he have valid address and he periodically renew lease (it is Win10).

I looked also in file dhcpd6.leases and I see that client there but actually it have 2 entries, both active and with some weird looking ia-na.

I already try to stop dhcpv6 server, remove that lease file and start server again but nothing was changed.

With this client I have also another odd problem, if I set preferred-life and max-life to different times this client fail to renew IP at preferred-time and after short time it mark IP as "deprecated", only way is use ipconfig /renew6 or wait until max-life is reached. I looking in win logs and in Dhcp logs and seems client try to renew IP, he get response from dhcp but for unknown reason he ignore that reply. If I set both times to same value everything working well and no more "deprecated" IP.

Have anyone idea what is wrong ?

Thanks for any idea

/Tomi

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I do small test, I install Win7 (as VM) and he grab IPv6 from DHCP immediately after setup finished, do the same but with Win10 and result same, both get IPv6 from DHCP and they was showed in Lease table.... then seems something is probably wrong with that Win10 config although he grab IPv6 from pool correctly and everything works except he is missing in Lease table.

• It may be blocking information being sent back to DHCP Server for some odd reason.  Microsoft says, 'You're welcome."  Stuck out tongue

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• It may be blocking information being sent back to DHCP Server for some odd reason.  Microsoft says, 'You're welcome."  Stuck out tongue

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

Children
No Data