This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Traffic no longer showing application name (unclassified)

It used to be that our UTM was able to detect most traffic and classify it accordingly. A couple years ago the system updated and started just showing almost everything as unclassified. 

Does anyone know why this would be, and how to get it working again?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • This has been an issue since around v8 of Astaro.  Not sure if they ever really fixed this of not, but the application filter is basically not able to ID the traffic.  It's frustrating as I have the same issues here at the house, but clicking on the traffic monitor, I can see what it is and how many clients.  It's usually an external interface, such as amazonaws.com and other hosts.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• This has been an issue since around v8 of Astaro.  Not sure if they ever really fixed this of not, but the application filter is basically not able to ID the traffic.  It's frustrating as I have the same issues here at the house, but clicking on the traffic monitor, I can see what it is and how many clients.  It's usually an external interface, such as amazonaws.com and other hosts.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

Children
No Data