This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Use deactivated AP's and Wifi Network IP's for new internal VPN Server

Hello,

I decided to leg go the configured network for AP sau WiFi in order to use the IP's to the new internal VPN server and have them routed throught Sophos UTM.

Right now i have:

Interfaces:

AP-WiFi on eth0 [10.0.0.1/24]

HUM-WiFi on wlan1 [10.3.3.1/24]

DHCP:

AP-WiFi [Range 10.0.0.2 through 10.0.0.4]
DNS 1: 0.0.0.0 DNS 2: 0.0.0.0 Default Gateway: 10.0.0.1 WINS: 0.0.0.0

HUM-WiFi [Range 10.3.3.2 through 10.3.3.100]
DNS 1: 193.231.131.10 DNS 2: 193.231.131.11 Default Gateway: 10.3.3.1 WINS: 0.0.0.0

wifi-guest [Range 10.4.4.2 through 10.4.4.100]
DNS 1: 8.8.8.8 DNS 2: 8.8.4.4 Default Gateway: 10.4.4.1 WINS: 0.0.0.0

On switch i have the ports where the AP's were conected:

34 AP1 Sophos AP1 Sophos AP1 Sophos Vlan_AP  2
35 AP2 Sophos AP2 Sophos AP2 Sophos Vlan_AP  2
36 AP3 Sophos AP3 Sophos AP3 Sophos Vlan_AP  2
39 UTM_AP-WiFi enabled  enabled  vlan2 

The question is how can i configure UTM in order to conect the three VLAN2 ports to a new server with VPN routed to internal IP's, because i have Sophos IPsec Client and reached the maximum licenses, and also i reached the maximum virtual networks on my device.

Thank you very much!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Salut Gabriel,

To get help here, instead of describing your setup, it's better to insert pictures of the Edits of the relevant configurations and a network diagram (a picture of a hand-drawn one is fine).

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Salutare,

Sorry for my late reply but i tried to get help also from Support but without any succes.

Meanwhile i managed to delete all configurations related to Sophos AP's and Wifi in order to use the subnets.

So, what i want achieve is through eth0 which is wired to a trunk port in switch, and a UTP cable conected to a HyperV server, two subnets one 10.0.0.0/24 and the other 10.3.3.0/24 (VLAN2), so i can create a virtual server for openvpn. Because having the same subnet on the main eth and virtual adapter of the vpn server is not a workaround.

Also 10.3.3.0 should have acces to internet and other vlans.

I attached what i,ve done so far, as you requested, some screenshots of configurations and also the network diagram.

Thank you!

• Salutare,

Sorry for my late reply but i tried to get help also from Support but without any succes.

Meanwhile i managed to delete all configurations related to Sophos AP's and Wifi in order to use the subnets.

So, what i want achieve is through eth0 which is wired to a trunk port in switch, and a UTP cable conected to a HyperV server, two subnets one 10.0.0.0/24 and the other 10.3.3.0/24 (VLAN2), so i can create a virtual server for openvpn. Because having the same subnet on the main eth and virtual adapter of the vpn server is not a workaround.

Also 10.3.3.0 should have acces to internet and other vlans.

I attached what i,ve done so far, as you requested, some screenshots of configurations and also the network diagram.

Thank you!

Children
No Data