This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem on opening LiveLog window on UTM 9 on esxi

Hello 

When i open the LiveLog on my UTM 9 multiple window pops up with the error message:

"Can't use string ("0") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at /wfe/asg/modules/asg_logging.pm line 2260."

I tried on the to rebuild DB but same problem

I found on a external blog that, to solve the issue, needs to open a case to support and refer the Internal KB  KB-000042250.

Actually the UTM version is 9.708-6, but the error was appear with a previous version and the update has not solved the issue.

Could someone help me?

Thanks in advance

Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • It's a database error from what I gather, and rebuilding solves it: 

/etc/init.d/postgresql92 rebuild " (used at the SSH command line)

If you tried that already as you indicated, hopefully you can get lucky enough to have a Sophos staff member be able to give you the fix if they happen to read this.  

I couldn't find anything on the KB, and only found several posts about the error you experienced.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• Hi Amodin

Thank you very much for the reply

As i wrote i rebuild more times the DB but the issue still remains, at this point i hope that someone of the Sophos staff can help me..

Regards

Paolo

• Getting the exact same error on a SG125 with 9.709-3 when opening any live log. Tried to rebuild the DB to no avail, too. Updated from 9.509-3 via 9.707-5 to 9.709-3 during the last week, before recognizing this error.

Did you happen to receive any additional info from Sophos staff, ?

Regards,
    Bjoern

• Updated from 9.509-3 via 9.707-5 to 9.709-3 during the last week, before recognizing this error.

Did you update to 9.708 before 9.709 as the announcement suggested here? UTM Up2Date 9.709 Released - Release Notes & News - UTM Firewall - Sophos Community

• I think I did, but only as part of the up2date process. I remember the SG125 initially only showed 9.707-5 as the latest available version, so I let it update to that. A few days later I realized that we were already at 9.709, which the appliance didn't seem to see, so I manually downloaded both 9.709 and the intermittent 9.708 from the official up2date server, uploaded them to the appliance and started the upgrade again.

• There's an alleged internal KB (KB-000042250) that is a fix for this.  Maybe BAlfson or someone @Sophos can help with this.

• Thanks, I opened a support case with them and mentioned the KB you referenced. 

• HI BjoernSnippe 

If you can solve the issue, could you please inform me how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

• Hi , I will - as soon as it's fixed. Had an online session with a support technician today, but the problem isn't solved yet. The KB that was mentioned earlier seemed to be related to some corrupted certificates and the ATP module or something, but there was no sign of this being the case on my appliance. We found that ATP bogs down the "named" service when enabled though, flooding it's log with errors too, so no DNS resolving was possible with activated ATP. I didn't have ATP enabled in the first place, so this came up only as we tried to enable ATP for it to download the latest patterns - which then failed because of the non-functional DNS resolving while ATP being active. Even after manually updating the patterns though (with ATP disabled), the problem persisted. Now I'm waiting for them to get back to me with further options (one of them being to re-image the appliance from an .iso file).

• I had seen the KB from another article, and I haven't seen a fix for it other than rebuilding the dB, so it was a gamble I suppose.  Stuck out tongue

The re-image option seems to be the way anyone wants to fix UTM anymore and not fix the root cause.  /shrug