This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VLAN or network group?

Hello.  I'm a LONG time lurker and first time poster.  I have UTM 9 firewall and unifi AP.  I had sophos AP before but crapped out on me.  With sophos AP, I never had this problem before.  I have TONS of VLANs, from guest VLAN, local WLAN, kids VLAN, management VLAN, IOT VLAN, Media VLANs, etc and with corresponding SSIDs.  The problem with Unifi AP is I can only do like 4 SSID, and they warn that I will have performance penalty if I have more.  So my questions are.

1.  If I make a network group in the same subnet, Will they be able to talk/ping each other, or do I explicitly put I firewall rule for them not to see/talk to each other?

2.  Can I create different VLAN in the same subnet like 10.10.10.1/27 Vlan 10, 10.10.10.32/27 Vlan 20, 10.10.10.64/27 Vlan 30 etc, with 1 SSID broadcasting the network?

I read about a VLAN assigned authentication using a RADIUS server but that is too advanced for a non-network engineer, home user like me.  If you also have an advice on how to proceed with this, please do so.  Thanks in advance.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.