This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SG115W internal WiFI Bridge to AP LAN plus external APs, no connection to internal WiFi

We got an SG115W with 3 additional APs.

We planned to use all APs and the internal WiFi for the same SSID, spatially ditributed over the place.

I connected the local Wifi to the WLAN (bridged to AP LAN), created an interface "wlan0" for it and a bridge between ETH0 and WLAN0.

Everything seems fine so far, only that clients are not able to successfully connect to the local Wifi. I received the hint to create a firewall rule internal<->any<->internal (ridiculous, but it worked for a friend with a single SG115W), but nothing changed. Nothing ever connected to the internal WiFi.

I even opened a ticket with Sophos, but the only advice was to disable the bridge between ETH0 and WLAN0. Didn't change anything. Since I could barely understand the guy from india on the phone, I did not try that again.
Someone ever got that working?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • no - same expirience,

-couln`d understood the indian support

-have deactivated the internal WLAN from my SG115w to use Sophos AP10 succesfull, no combination possible :-( 

-with the internal only > also not possible to use Guest and workers WLAN in two SSID, with external AP it works fine.

(maybe it is by design, because the sg115w is for smal office solutions)

• no - same expirience,

-couln`d understood the indian support

-have deactivated the internal WLAN from my SG115w to use Sophos AP10 succesfull, no combination possible :-( 

-with the internal only > also not possible to use Guest and workers WLAN in two SSID, with external AP it works fine.

(maybe it is by design, because the sg115w is for smal office solutions)

Children
No Data