This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problems with mailserver

Hi all, at the moment I have some problems with an exchange mail server that I am trying to solve, in the meantime to avoid losing messages since I use utm as an smtp proxy if I remove the mailserver from the Host List in the SMTP configuration, Will the UTM continue to receive incoming messages and keep them there until I add the mail server again?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Result.

I couldn't remove the mailserver from the "Host List" so I put a "fake" mailserver.
    All incoming messages were queued and displayed in the "SMTP Spool" tab of the "Mail Manager" instead of the usual "SMTP Log", once the mailserver was fixed I restored the configuration in the "Host List" and the messages were delivered.
    I also disabled the 'Verify recipients: With callout' entry. although I confess that the reason was not clear to me.

Thanks to both of you for the support!

• If you'd left the Verify enabled, I fear that all messages would have been rejected.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • If you'd left the Verify enabled, I fear that all messages would have been rejected.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data