This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

POP3Proxy Connection to remote server failed: USER failed on remote server: -ERR Unsupported authentication type

Hi
I have configured email protection on Sophos UTM and I want to connect the email account to Microsoft Outlook.
When I make the pop settings on Microsoft Outlook, it gives a password error and the Sophos side log is as follows:

pop3proxy[20426]: Connection to remote server failed: USER failed on remote server: -ERR Unsupported authentication type

It should be noted that the software is an Axigen mail server.

Please help if possible.

Thanks.
Vahid Sazandeh

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Salaam Vahid and welcome to the UTM Community!

Please insert pictures of the 'Allowed Networks' for POP3, but obfuscate the names in a way that lets us tell them apart.  A similar picture of 'POP3 Servers and Prefetch Settings' on the 'Advanced' tab, and tell us whether the servers are internal or external.  Finally, a picture of the 'Registered POP3 Accounts' for your user in the 'User Portal'.

Configuring the SMTP Proxy is easier and can also be done with a remote mail server - one is not limited to using only an internal server.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Salam Bob and Thank you for your welcome.

Allowed Network for POP3 set Any IPV4.

The problem was solved by placing the internal network in Skip Transparent Mode Hosts/Nets.

Thank you for Reply and support.
    BR
    Vahid Sazandeh

Reply Children
No Data